Thursday, February 22
chinese new year daze Part 1 11:38 am

i had a weird chinese new year.

still had emotional baggage to carry through this new year. but come to think of it now, the 5th day of CNY, i think im being blessed without knowing.

ok lets see, CNY EVE.

met edmund for breakfast at toa payoh hub. its been a long while since we met but it was great way to start CNY by having breakfast ( after how long....?? when was my last time having breakfast??) and most importantly, he let me drive his car to my cousin's place. *muahahahhahaha* im actually considered a safe driver by someone! but still, i cant park. so i need more practice, yah? hint hint..


so was playing mahjong at my cousin's place. we didnt gamble, just played with chips. so it was 2 girls vs 2 guys; brothers vs sisters. and the sisters won. the underdogs won. the pros.. LOST. hahahahhahahaa.. i love the feeling man. oh, we have a secret code name of mahjong- it is called "swimming". stupid but yeah.. time to improve my swimming skills.. time to get a MAHJONG SET!!!!

so the highlight of cny for me: reunion dinner. jerm, jas and i love reunion dinner because of abalone. teppanyaki-fried sliced abalone.. but it wasnt there this year. the abalone was used in the sharks-fin soup only. DARN. but, the scallops were fantastic, fresh and gosh i want to eat them now. then it dawned upon me how great my grandma is. she makes sure every single family member has a chance to eat the sharks fin soup. she would reserve the soup for my other cousins who were at other reunion dinner. Sharks fin soup is no long just a expensive soup; its a reunion-family soup. it probably makes no sense to any one of you, but it means a big deal to my family.

so the dreadful part of CNY: Chu Yi

i like chu yi's morning. standard: breakfast at granny's place- siew mai, beehoon, coffee, cakes, century egg porridge. but this year was different; had to go church in the morning then rush to granny's place for breakfast. so this year, breakfast was together with lunch - POHPIAH. omg, i love and love making my own pohpiah, i tell you. it was the most fulfilling breakfast i ever had since the last cny. i never ate so much for breakfast before, one hand stuffing siewmai in my mouth, the other hand rolling up the pohpiah and then stuffing it into my mouth. i was probably the most unglam person in a very pretty dress. but HECK IT, POHPIAH takes the lead of my life.

so, spend the morning visiting my paternal side relatives. then in the afternoon, i stoned at my maternal side relatives house. stoned and stoned and slept and slept and watch tv and watch tv for more than 7 hours. that is the dreadful part of CNY. i stoned and slept and watched tv so much that i caught a flu from a sick relative and was worsened by my bro. it was so boring that i was probably fully awake when people said my dress was pretty. THAT BAD.

so i begged my cousin to send me home and started watching hanayori dango again for the 5th or 6th time? then saw tim online and ask him out for a drink to kill time.

this is how much i dread cny. i'll continue later with CHU Er


about her
    jayne, 21
    smu econs
    needs a reboot in her life.
    needs to eat and exercise more.
    waiting on Him


your shout outs

.
her juke box
    just click the play button to listen

    Backstreet boys - how did i fall in love with you

    tribal jam - remind me

    justin timberlake - my love

    delta goodrem - be strong

    bethany joy lenz - let me fall

    sean paul - give it up (step up OST)

    neyo - so sick

    jojo - little too late

    corrine bailey rae - like a star





her friends