Thursday, March 1
my career plan.. if any 12:26 am

i was sitting in IE class. got back my test and i really think econs is not the thing for me. it is interesting, but i just don't have the academic talent for it. nevertheless, i will just keep trying and learn as much as i can from it. hopefully it can be applied in my life. just hopefully.

so sitting in IE class, listening to everyone's career plans. this happened cos we are currently learning about foreign exchange, balance of payments and all the blah blah stuff and it got everyone so interested. btw, the stock market crashed yesterday.. didnt know that cos everyone was so calm about it.. at least in smu (how ironic). oh yeah, everyone's career plans. everyone talked about how they want to work for banks, financial company for their internships, which department they wanna work in.. what they wanna work as... asset management.. management consultant.. risk management.. futures..forwards..

"do you know you earn about $xxxK... wah serious ah!!!.. i wanna work for deloitte.. UBS... can get promoted to.... my friend said that.. my friend's friend said this..."

seriously. it didnt bug me anyway. for once, i wasnt interested to know. ok, it did bug me as to why i wasnt even concern. why am i not as excited to work in banks at all? what bothered me most was whether i will get married. oh yes, you laugh at me. im just thinking as what a normal female human being would be and later on you'll see that my worries are justified.

let's see my plans for the next 10 years.. starting from now.

now to next jan -
BE vicepres and get an internship at the events company. score as well as i can and hopefully my gpa will rise instead of drop. and get a part time job to earn some extra cash.

next jan to june 2008 -
go canada and clear ALL my econs modules and come back as one piece.

june 2006 to aug 2008 -
go for a BSM (business mission trip) to ANYWHERE.. hopefully to New york so i could save on airticket..

aug2008 to dec 2008-
hopefully this would be my last semester in smu. hope to graduate by december.

jan 2009 to dec 2010-
get a job.. sadly in a financial institution and earn enough money to have a savings of $50K

jan 2011- 2015
pray very hard that i can get into graduate medical school in new zealand and my grandaunt sponsor my education and living expenses.

2015-2016
medical house officership

by then i will be like 29/30 year old. darn. i will be attending everyone's wedding but my own.


about her
    jayne, 21
    smu econs
    needs a reboot in her life.
    needs to eat and exercise more.
    waiting on Him


your shout outs

.
her juke box
    just click the play button to listen

    Backstreet boys - how did i fall in love with you

    tribal jam - remind me

    justin timberlake - my love

    delta goodrem - be strong

    bethany joy lenz - let me fall

    sean paul - give it up (step up OST)

    neyo - so sick

    jojo - little too late

    corrine bailey rae - like a star





her friends