Wednesday, March 7
free movie and beer!!! 11:58 pm

Im back in my movie/tv drama-holic again. Just watch Hula Girls at the Cathay’s Picturehouse for free. Apparently, jas liaise with the cathay over something last year and they have kept her in the loop on cathay updates. Anyway, she was invited to a press release of a show by the Picture House for free as it was their 1st anniversary. And I could tag along!!! Anyway, we were greeted with those Hawaiian flower garlands at the reception and in the lounge, we were given complimentary fruit punch and a glass of stella!!!! I mean, I have always been walking past that lounge and wonder when I will ever be sitting in there. And there I was, standing with jas in the lounge! =)

Anyway, the picturehouse theatre is pretty small compared to the other theatres. The good thing was the chairs – huge, comfy and…. Sofa-ish! Meant for the arty-farty people to watch arty-farty shows. Ok, I really recommend everyone to go watch the shows to be shown at the picturehouse end of this month. Fantastic reviews, award-winning and great trailers. I never ever watch a series of continuous movie trailers with my mouth wide open. Seriously good.

Seriously good movie, I tell you. Hula Girls is a Japanese comedy/ drama based on a true story set in 1965, where a large coal mine was forced to lay off 2000 workers due to decline demand for coal in the world. As such, the coal company decided to sell the business to an entertainment company to build a Hawaiian Centre. Something like a tourist attraction place. As such, they tried to employ females to learn the hula dance but were not supported by the locals. It is about a story how a girl went against her mother, left her family to attend hula dance lessons in the same village. How a professional dancer was forced to teach in the village because other places didn’t accept her profession. How the locals learn to accept the cold hard facts that the coal company could no longer provide employment even though they have worked so hard for them. How sometimes one has to choose between being professional and attending to one’s personal problems. It is a great show and I (and jas) super highly recommend it. Btw, do you know that every action of the hula dance symbolize a word or phrase? In short, the hula dance is something like a sign language apart from the butt shaking. Cool huh.

Ok, another round of movie tmr- 300 with the BE gang!!! Then symphonia’s concert on Sunday.. then music & lyrics with jas and KC under the seventeen mag’s $5 promotion! With freebies.. and hopefully free screening of the Phantom of the Opera full dress rehearsal at the esplanade!!!! =) so exciting!!

Anyway, im back with hana yori dango (meteor garden) season 2 and I cannot stop crying. I don’t know why I like to make myself cry over shows. Maybe because some things in their conversation are things or emotions that I always wanted to express yet I bottle them up. Maybe it is good this way, an outlet for me, in the world of tv.


about her
    jayne, 21
    smu econs
    needs a reboot in her life.
    needs to eat and exercise more.
    waiting on Him


your shout outs

.
her juke box
    just click the play button to listen

    Backstreet boys - how did i fall in love with you

    tribal jam - remind me

    justin timberlake - my love

    delta goodrem - be strong

    bethany joy lenz - let me fall

    sean paul - give it up (step up OST)

    neyo - so sick

    jojo - little too late

    corrine bailey rae - like a star





her friends