Thursday, April 12
to be happy? 3:23 pm

my exam fever will subside in slightly over 24 hrs and i would recover my sanity temporary before the tsunami of insanity sweeps me away in 2 weeks time i.e. results release.

ok, woke up to extremely weird day. not sure whether to be happy. OCS (office of career services) called me this morning to inform me that i was shortlisted for an interview with ubs. boy, u dont know how excited i was. the intern position was open to year 3s but i still applied for it.. and i was one of the 3 people shortlisted for the vacancy. its something like project management which is the kind of job im looking for in a bank ( and not some stockmarket analyst job inwhich i have neither the brains and interest to work for). the pay : 1000 bucks. a much more stable working hours as compared to events management. and probably can juggle BE with internship. i just need to go through the interview next tues.

then, deborah from ocs reminded me that the starting date was 23rd April. shite. sharks.

i forgot to write in my resume that my availability is from 2 may.. and she told me that the date was non-negotiable.

no.. dont go. here i am, forced to make a decision to cancel my aussie trip- the only thing i was looking forward to after exams. the only thing that keeping me more or less sane from insanity of mugging. my aussie trip.. and the ticket is non-refundable. there goes 1000 bucks.

well, deborah was really nice about it. she highlighted to ubs that i was willing to work all the way till school starts next sem if they are willing to let me start work 1 week later. she emailed me later to inform me that it is possible, just need to remind the interviewer during the interview.

but, 1st impression gone. and if they need an intern very urgently, most probably i will go through the interview for no good reason - just to find out that i get rejected.

oh. choices. yes i know, scrap the trip. internship more important. uh-huh..i get that fully. just that it pains me to cancel something so dear to me.. something that i hope to rejuvenate me.. those who know that i'll be traveling alone were just darn jealous that i have the guts to do so. my friends wanted to join me but either finances or exams prohibit them to do so.

the only thing left to do, if i get the internship, is to sell it to either shelina or emir at a discounted rate. hopefully they will enjoy the trip as much as i expect to do so. :)

meanwhie, i just have pray i get the internship that allows me to start work on 2 may. :)


about her
    jayne, 21
    smu econs
    needs a reboot in her life.
    needs to eat and exercise more.
    waiting on Him


your shout outs

.
her juke box
    just click the play button to listen

    Backstreet boys - how did i fall in love with you

    tribal jam - remind me

    justin timberlake - my love

    delta goodrem - be strong

    bethany joy lenz - let me fall

    sean paul - give it up (step up OST)

    neyo - so sick

    jojo - little too late

    corrine bailey rae - like a star





her friends