Monday, August 6
my monday (mudane) thoughts 11:19 am

Finally, I feel lonely. At work. What a weird feeling to have!

No matter how much I bitch about my internship, at least there is one reason why this internship is memorable- ok, 2 reasons..

1. my fellow interns. Bitching to each other about work everyday.. lunching together.. going through shitwork (saikang) together. Now like, all the smu interns in my department have ended their internship (except robin & nicholas)-esther, meiqi, gabby, martin yeo, chunyong, jansen. Even Edmund's department moved to one raffles quay. Sarah and Wati will be at the UBS campus most of the time. No more lunch kakis… it is just me in the lonely cold meeting room.
2. second reason. Heh. I think most of you know already. 

just looking forward to national day.. holiday!

Speaking of which, supposed to go to batam for a holiday. But somehow, people cant leave Singapore, so my mini-getaway holiday was held in sentosa over the weekend. Funny right? Telling people " hey, im going on a holiday.. yeah.. at sentosa.. staying overnight there.." well, the holiday was actually kinda good. I remembered that when I was young, my extended family used to have a 3D2N stay at rasa sentosa and my cousins will explore sentosa over and over again. Kinda fun. Anyway, stayed at the siloso beach resort.. which is kinda good actually. Love the swimming pool and all, made me feel as if I was at some resort in batam/bintan. In short.. GOOD HOLIDAY! Seriously, sentosa isn’t that bad afterall! The only thing I regretted not doing was to watch the songs of the sea (the musical fountain replacement). They had these fireworks thingy which really looked nice with a sea background.

Watched Disturbia with jansen yesterday. At first, I didn’t wanted to watch cos it sounded like another horror movie. But he told me it was a thriller kind of movie, so I was gamed. Not bad show… other than the fact I hate the background eerie sounds that accompany horror/thriller flicks. It kinda makes you think, what if your neighbour is a murderer? Not just a one-time murderer… but a serial killer. What if you accidentally witness a murder in his house from your bedroom window.. only to find out that he knows you are wary of his deeds? What if there were dead bodies in your neighbor's house? It is not far from reality actually. It is actually quite common in Singapore already. People chopping people into parts as if they were pigs, dumping the parts in rubbish bins or preserve in the refrigerator. Not get me wrong, im not disturbed by the movie. But all these sick and murderous acts shown in the movie are not fictitious anymore. Some time and somewhere in this world, these acts are actualized – disturbia in reality. Don’t know why im talking so much on this topic – im probably very bored at work now.

Ok, back to something less gory and sad. To the topic of exchange program –one of the few things that are constantly in my mind this entire summer holidays. A lot of people are going for exchange program this coming semester – kc, jemsoh, jiahui, huiying, tim etc. I can foresee that BE studio will be less lively and noisy; lesser people to study late at night with. And I might not beseeing these people for 1 year. I applied for exchange in jan 2008 in UBC and York Uni (both in Canada) and Lund Uni (in Sweden). Just hope I can get it. It is my last push to save my declining GPA. True, we should not be GPA-oriented. But, my gpa has reached to the alarming level that I cant sit there and do nothing. If I don’t go on an exchange this time round, I wonder whether I will eligible to apply the next time round. Oh, I just realized that I didn’t bid my modules with any of my friends. Looks like im gonna enter all classes with new faces (except for jansen in philosophy class and nat in FIIM). Just hope that I can get entrepreneur finance and I will see martin in class too.

What a depressing entry. Maybe it is the Monday blues.


about her
    jayne, 21
    smu econs
    needs a reboot in her life.
    needs to eat and exercise more.
    waiting on Him


your shout outs

.
her juke box
    just click the play button to listen

    Backstreet boys - how did i fall in love with you

    tribal jam - remind me

    justin timberlake - my love

    delta goodrem - be strong

    bethany joy lenz - let me fall

    sean paul - give it up (step up OST)

    neyo - so sick

    jojo - little too late

    corrine bailey rae - like a star





her friends