Wednesday, October 24
jobs... time to look for jobs 3:10 pm

its pretty scary. I was just thinking when i would be graduating and what i have to do after i graduate - which is not far away. after exchange, i will be doing my last semester in SMU (omg, uni life is so fast!) and *boofpoof* aloha, im not a student anymore.

ok, then what? where i want to work, what i want to work as.. do i have the skills and qualifications. it is scary. im an econs and finance major student and till today, i have no clue about econs. ha, and people still tell me "you are an economist what.."

but nonetheless, only one thing in finance and econs alike intrigue me - exchange rates.. FX. no easy task in finance, but interesting enough to sustain my interest in it. Beats Solow Growth Model, PHillips Curve, Bonds and Equities. eeks.

So i thought it was just pure ideals. then i had to list my academic concentration to get priority placement in my exchange courses. and then i realised, all the modules that im taking are under the investment banking track. Whoh, IB.. you gotta be kidding... and i thought i was interested in wealth management.

So, given my finance academic concentration, it is time to look for another internship in the IB sector... trader? NAH! im not that gifted... dealer? NAH. same reason.... Operations.. boring stuff but at least i have a slightly higher chance to get an internship there... I told my mum that i wanna do an overseas internship - maximize the benefits of being a student.. and was telling her that i think i might do OPS and all.. still i was uncertain.

the next day,(which is yesterday) i had FIIM class. and somehow, GOD was telling me "OPS is the way to go..". Prof Annie koh came in and spoke on FX and how related it is to economics (or how useful econs is in FX) and said something that, if you wanna do IB FX, know what the back -end people are doing.. guess what.. OPS.

oh man, somehow her 2 hr class is so powerful and inspiring that i went home and started watch CNBC's Power Lunch at 12 midnight. I understood no shite on what was covered in the programme..(other than occasional mention of words such as bonds, yields, stocks, FX and commodities). But it dawned upon me that this is the industry i will be working in... Fast paced, super stressful, deals-clinched-within-2-minute kind of work...

oh man, oh man, oh man...i got so much to learn....


about her
    jayne, 21
    smu econs
    needs a reboot in her life.
    needs to eat and exercise more.
    waiting on Him


your shout outs

.
her juke box
    just click the play button to listen

    Backstreet boys - how did i fall in love with you

    tribal jam - remind me

    justin timberlake - my love

    delta goodrem - be strong

    bethany joy lenz - let me fall

    sean paul - give it up (step up OST)

    neyo - so sick

    jojo - little too late

    corrine bailey rae - like a star





her friends